Friday, February 16, 2018

February 19-23, 2018

Hello Families!
This has been a super week. We celebrated the 100th Day, Valentine's Day, and Chinese New Year. I am exhausted and grateful we have a three day weekend to look forward to. I hope you all enjoy the extra day with your families,

Here is what we have coming up:

Monday 2/19: NO SCHOOL; Presidents' Day

Wednesday, 2/21: Field trip to see "Rocket the Runaway Engine" at Luther Burbank High School. We will leave at 9:15 and return by 11:30. Please send a bag lunch with your child that day. We will eat at school when we return. Cafeteria lunch won't be available that day.
Thank you to our chaperones Cris Balestreri, Shelley Eder, Melodee Hayes, Teresa Woo and Heather Young.

Week of 2/26-3/2: Read Across America Spirit Week. Please see the flyer below for specifics.
In addition to these fun spirit days, I ask kids to bring in books by Dr. Seuss from home during this week. They can begin coming in on February 26th, and I will send them home on 3/2. Please clearly label each book you send in with your child's name.

Wednesday, 3/7: Field trip to Safetyville. We will need 5 parent chaperones who have been fingerprinted with the district. Please let me know if you'd like to attend.  The cost for this trip is $3 per student. I sent a permission slip with this week's homework.

Week of 3/12-16: Parent?teacher conferences; minimum days. For these conferences, I do not meet with everyone. If you would like to schedule a conference time, please email me three times that work for you. Please see my availability on this week's homework email. I am happy to meet with anyone to discuss your child's progress and readiness for first grade.


Language Arts
This week we continue to work on blending letters and sounds to make words. We will continue reading and working with informational text. 

Math
This week we will wrap up our chapter on decomposing numbers 11-19. Kids will take the topic test on Friday.

Thanks for reading! Please don't hesitate to contact me with questions or concerns.
carrie.relles@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment